Kicking Crunchy Leaves
Monday, February 23, 2009
LibraryThing and popular books
Okay, so I think I'm not using LibraryThing in the way that it is intended. I don't OWN all these books - although I do own a fair few of them. I have just read them - that is all! The majority of books in my home library are cook books (well they are my resident chef's books actually). Probably the heaviest 'real' book is El Bulli (the first one - a cook book from Spain) and the oldest book on my 'real' bookshelf is Strewelpeter (I think that is how it is spelled) which was awarded to my Grandmother when she was a little girl (it is probably over 100 years old - 1908 rings a bell - must check when I go home).
The most popular book I have read according to LibraryThing is 'The Da Vinci Code' (with over 28thousand people who own/or have read it) and least popular is Stephan Clarke's 'Dial M for Merde' - all of 12 people have read it or own it! I wholeheartedly recommend reading the 'Merde' series as they are all about trying to live and work in Paris and all the -ahem- 'merde' one can get into in the process.
I always love book suggestions so please let me know if there is a book you think I should read!
The most popular book I have read according to LibraryThing is 'The Da Vinci Code' (with over 28thousand people who own/or have read it) and least popular is Stephan Clarke's 'Dial M for Merde' - all of 12 people have read it or own it! I wholeheartedly recommend reading the 'Merde' series as they are all about trying to live and work in Paris and all the -ahem- 'merde' one can get into in the process.
I always love book suggestions so please let me know if there is a book you think I should read!
posted by Danielle at 3:42 PM

2 Comments:
We have many books in common - I love Paullina Simmons - Red Leaves is my favourite book by her. I have just finished the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer which was just fabulous. It's a teenage love story with vampires in it (rather than a vampire book) - totally rocks!
Thanks for the suggestion on popular books... I love reading books and 'The Da Vinci Code' is one of my favorites...
Post a Comment
<< Home