Kicking Crunchy Leaves

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Templates, Skins and doing things the right way round...

I have to admit - I don't often go about things with the most systematic of approaches. So discovering how do do things to my blog has been more a meandering journey than a direct path. But I spose that is how I learn new things...we are all different.

So, can anyone tell me if there is a difference between a 'Template' and a 'Skin'? I figure there is a slight difference since they have different names, although I think their essential jobs are pretty much the same? My attempt at understanding what they are:

'Template' is a structured layout for my blog with possibly pretty themes?
'Skin' is an unstructured blank canvas with possibly pretty background?
And therefore a 'Template' is easier to use, for a beginner like myself?

Hmmmm....very tricky business!
posted by Danielle at 4:08 PM

1 Comments:

By the way - I was just thinking out loud (or rather on paper...hmmmm...might just leave it at that) and I think my ideas of what 'Templates' and 'Skins' are are slightly skew-whiff. In other words: please do not think that my 'definitions' are correct - they are questions (see the question marks) and so I'm asking YOU out there to clarify!

February 13, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home