Kicking Crunchy Leaves
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Myspace
I used to be an avid Myspace user, but defected to Facebook early in the piece due to the amount of people flocking to the newer social networking site.
I liked that Myspace allowed for a more creative profile, and at the time it was so exciting and new for me. But I have to admit that I rarely use it now just for the fact that more of my friends exist on Facebook. I love that social networking provides a great forum to catch up with old friends, but they can also be problematic. There has been so much in the media about cyber bullying and having been a teacher in an all boys secondary school, I saw first hand what effect these sites can have on people who experience abuse on them. I suppose with the good comes the bad. i try to look at it in a glass half full kind of way. I would never have caught up with old school friends if I didn't use these sites and sharing photos of holidays and life with people far away has been made far easier too.
I liked that Myspace allowed for a more creative profile, and at the time it was so exciting and new for me. But I have to admit that I rarely use it now just for the fact that more of my friends exist on Facebook. I love that social networking provides a great forum to catch up with old friends, but they can also be problematic. There has been so much in the media about cyber bullying and having been a teacher in an all boys secondary school, I saw first hand what effect these sites can have on people who experience abuse on them. I suppose with the good comes the bad. i try to look at it in a glass half full kind of way. I would never have caught up with old school friends if I didn't use these sites and sharing photos of holidays and life with people far away has been made far easier too.
Labels: Facebook, Myspace, social networking
posted by Danielle at 4:07 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home